Be cool and play nice.
The Internet is a pretty cool place, but it also gives people the means to insult and/or harass others without taking full responsibility for their words. We request — nay, we insist! — that while you are on Menus you respect the people you encounter, as well as their videos. You are free to disagree and/or provide critical feedback, but please keep it respectful.
Don’t spam or disrupt Us.
The best way to encourage others to watch your videos is to participate in the community — join groups, follow other members and channels related to your interests, and leave thoughtful comments on other members’ videos. Don’t send unsolicited mass messages or post promotional comments. Don’t pay for views and likes. And please don’t flood Vimeo with videos uploaded by a robot or a robot-like human in a manner that will disrupt people’s experience here.
Don’t be a creep.
This is a place depository videos that are unfairly blocked on other websites. Don’t abuse those connections with comments or messages that make the recipient feel uncomfortable, such as sexualized compliments or unwelcome advances. Make sure your user avatar and profile do not include nudity, explicit or gory images, spammy links, or details designed to impersonate any other person or business.
Upload only videos you created yourself.
- You must own or hold all necessary rights (copyrights, etc.) to your video.
- “So-and-so gave me permission” does not mean you created it.
- You can upload videos that you appear in or helped create (as director, DP, editor, musician, motion graphics artist, actor, etc.) as long as you have the necessary permissions from the copyright holders.
- Please add your role in the video description to avoid deletion.
You cannot upload certain types of content:
- No rips of movies, music, television, or any other third party copyrighted material.
- No sexually explicit material or pornography. (Artistic and non-sexual nudity is allowed.
- No videos that are hateful, harass others, violate someone's privacy, or include defamatory or discriminatory speech.
- No videos that depict or promote violent activity, extreme or real-life violence, self-harm, or cruelty toward animals.
- No videos that make false or misleading claims without reasonable justification, or eg. claim that mass tragedies are hoaxes, without reason or justification.